This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by North Derbyshire Conservative Association.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is North Derbyshire Conservative Association.
What does the Association do?
North Derbyshire Conservative Association works to support the activities of Conservative elected officials and supporters, along with Conservative Party policies, in the area covering the parliamentary constituencies of Bolsover, Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire.
How do we process data?
This office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of both consent and legitimate interest.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have provided your email to North Derbyshire Conservative Association, then, in order to send information about our activities, we will share your name and email with The Rocket Science Group LLC to support the distribution of newsletters to you.
We also share data with the Conservative Party.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
For members, we will retain data for the period of which you are a member and then for a reasonable period after your membership ceases in case you choose to re-join.
For non-members, we will retain data for the period you are a constituent of either Bolsover, Chesterfield or North East Derbyshire constituencies and for a reasonable period after in case you re-join the electoral register.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with our office by letter, email or telephone using the details at the foot of this page. Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.