We know how much local families value our beautiful parks and we’re absolutely committed to bringing our play areas up to modern standards with significant investment.
- Set up a £640k pot to support Parish Councils to improve local play areas, with several local parks already benefiting, including Apperknowle, Barlow, Cutthorpe, Holymoorside, Marsh Lane, Mickley and Stonebroom
- Supporting Eckington Parish Council to build a destination park at Lansbury, with £200k allocated to back the plans
- Working with Dronfield Town Council for a complete refurbishment of Sindelfingen Park, with £150k invested
- Investing £150k for major improvements to Killamarsh skate park, following consultation with young people and local Conservative Councillors
- We’re also investing in District Council-run parks, having recently completed an £80k upgrade to Thirlmere Drive park in Dronfield (pictured) and with works due to start at Crofters Close in Killamarsh and Elvaston Road in North Wingfield.
We’re on the side of the Districts’ families and hope these improvements (with more to come soon) will be enjoyed by local children for many years to come. We are proud to be delivering on our Conservative manifesto commitment to improve parks and green spaces for everyone who lives in North East Derbyshire.