Over the last four years, we’ve provided more than £25,000 in grants to local groups and good causes across North East Derbyshire as part of our Community Action Grants.
In 2019, we refocused grants provided by the District Council to go to more local groups to help make improvements in our communities. As a result, we’ve supported more than 50 local groups with grants of up to £500 to provide improvements or activities for residents across North East Derbyshire.
Some of the fantastic local causes our Community Action Grants have supported include:
- The set up of a new local newsletter for a community voluntary group in Stonebroom
- Providing litter-picking equipment for volunteers in Eckington, Holmewood and Tupton
- Supporting sports clubs and equipment such as badminton in Killamarsh, cricket in Eckington and Clay Cross and bowling in Wingerworth
- Helping to fund a new defibrillator in Killamarsh
- Supporting Jubilee celebration events and fun days in Coal Aston, Dronfield, North Wingfield, Wessington, Calow and Morton
- Helping local history groups and community projects in Eckington and Tupton
- We also launched specific green EcoSchools action grants to support local schools with innovative projects such as community planting and reducing their plastic use
And many many more!
We're also supporting activities and events for the King's Coronation. Click here for more info!