We were successful in securing a £24.6 million Town Deal investment from the government in 2021 and we’ve since been working hard to progress the projects to deliver the maximum benefit for our area. The key parts of the investment are:
- Boosting Clay Cross Town Centre by providing a new town square area, bringing the library to the centre and proposals to pedestrianise Market Street to support our independent shops on High Street and Market Street
- Regenerating our heritage assets - including the clock tower building
- Improving car park and transport links - by making it easier to access local car parks and trying to improve the flow of traffic to support our town centre
- Progressing work on the potential to re-open a Clay Cross Train Station - with a feasibility study underway to help us make the case
- Supporting the new Sharley Park leisure Centre, with new sports facilities such as a 3G football pitch, TAG active youth activities, and new health and community facilities
- Boosting green energy and supporting local businesses with a low carbon grant fund
Your Conservative Councillors are focused on delivering these projects for residents.