Fly-tipping is rightly a key issue for residents and can leave a real mess in our district.
As a Conservative administration at the District Council since 2019, we’ve been making progress on tackling this issue:
- We’ve bolstered our enforcement team by jointly investing £160k in our Environmental Health service
- We’ve doubled our fixed penalties for fly-tippers to the national maximum of £400
- We’ve invested in new CCTV cameras and signage for fly-tipping hotspots to try to catch perpetrators in the act
- Last year our environmental health officers carried out the most patrols and handed out the most fixed penalties on record to be a strong visible presence in our district
- We’ve carried out our first vehicle seizure and crushing to send a strong message to fly-tippers
- As a result fly-tipping reports last year were down 20% compared to 2019!
We know that there’s still more to do though as any left fly-tipping is too much so we’ll keep up the tough stance on it - and please do get in touch to report any.